Fonterra engaged Nikau for 2 contracts at their Te Awamutu processing facility.
Nikau provided technical resources to carry out the deconstruction of Fonterra's boilers and other redundant plant using gas cutting and lifting techniques with Nikau's own 300t, 250t & 90t mobile cranes.
The project was extremely challeging due to the working within a "live" site and the confined working space provided. Nikau transported all equipment across the road for further downsizing before loading this onto our transport units.
- Deconstruction of the bag house and other associated assets
- Deconstruction of the redundant HRB assets
- Self perform all craning onsite
- Transportation of all heavy assets off-site for recycling
- Recycling of all ferrous and non ferrous metals for resale